Can I file a lawsuit for hostile working conditions, favoritism, or retaliation? What if I feel its because Im a female?

Cullman, AL |

I am absolutely miserable and in pain every day. Lately I feel targeted at work by my supervisors. There are procedures the company is suppose to use to run the production. The other 2 shifts do. They work me alone where there should be two employees due to the size of the production, they run the freight faster to make us leave early. I was being forced by my supervisor to go to another dept that's shorthanded, that is not my dept, im not trained there, and it is very difficult. I asked him not to send me there that night because I wasn't feeling well and couldn't handle it. He told me, if I didn't go, that was job refusal and he would terminate me. Is this true? Do I have a lawsuit? What can I do? He doesn't rotate people and never sends his "favorites", its clear who they are.

1. if all of his favorites are males, you might have a case, you can contact the eeoc to file a complaint. you should be prepared to face the consequences though, as retaliation is very common in such circumstances (even though it is of course illegal). You could contact your supervisor's boss to advise that he is not following the rules and treating you differently because you are female.