Can I file a lawsuit for an accident on someones property?

Duluth, MN |

What happened was I was in a parking lot with my motorcycle and I was with some other people and I came across the lot kinda fast and wiped out on some sand that was on the ground and slid into a curb, I broke my neck and back and spent a month in the hospital, I don't think there were any no trespassing signs or anything up, it is fenced in but the gate was open, just asking because several people told me I should sue them being I can't work now. What do you think?

It would be difficult. You would have to show they breached some duty to you - that they were aware or should have been aware of a defective condition and did not remediate it and htat you were one of those protected by the conduct.

Disclaimer: Nothing in this email message creates an attorney client relationship absent a retainer agreement with this office. Any response to email inquiries should be considered general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. You should always consult a lawyer in your state regarding your specific legal matter. Visit online at

You can sue but it sounds as though it would be difficult to win based on your description. You can consult a local attorney and many are found here on Avvo.

You are asking whether or not you have a premises liability case due to the sand being on the ground of the parking lot. A personal linjury lawyer could attempt to make a claim based on a dangerous condition, thus, contact a lawyer in your city from Avvo and try to get representation. Good luck.

Licensed in Pennsylvania & New Jersey & Serving the Nation. Only 29% Fee Deducted. 1-877-258-3083.