Can I file a lawsuit for an accident on someones property?

Asked over 2 years ago - Duluth, MN

What happened was I was in a parking lot with my motorcycle and I was with some other people and I came across the lot kinda fast and wiped out on some sand that was on the ground and slid into a curb, I broke my neck and back and spent a month in the hospital, I don't think there were any no trespassing signs or anything up, it is fenced in but the gate was open, just asking because several people told me I should sue them being I can't work now. What do you think?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Maury Devereau Beaulier

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It would be difficult. You would have to show they breached some duty to you - that they were aware or should have been aware of a defective condition and did not remediate it and htat you were one of those protected by the conduct.

    Disclaimer: Nothing in this email message creates an attorney client relationship absent a retainer agreement... more
  2. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You are asking whether or not you have a premises liability case due to the sand being on the ground of the parking lot. A personal linjury lawyer could attempt to make a claim based on a dangerous condition, thus, contact a lawyer in your city from Avvo and try to get representation. Good luck.

    Licensed in Pennsylvania & New Jersey & Serving the Nation. Only 29% Fee Deducted. 1-877-258-3083. www.... more
  3. Joel Jay Kofsky

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can sue but it sounds as though it would be difficult to win based on your description. You can consult a local attorney and many are found here on Avvo.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,048 answers this week

3,207 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,048 answers this week

3,207 attorneys answering