Can I file a lawsuit against HOA harrassment from HOA president and board directors?

Asked almost 5 years ago - Vienna, VA

Almost all members of the HOA are harrassing my husband because they don't agree that he should hunt in the property we live in. In addition to this, they had spoke that they want to involve our 7 and 9 year old children in their harrassment. I really want to go to their houses and spoke with them but have choose to seek legal advise.

1. Richard Charles Spencer

Answered . Harassment is not legal, but whether the conduct of the board constitutes harassment is not so simple. It depends upon the documents governing the HOA, and loca law. You will need to consult with a loca lawyer familiar with HOA law, and be prepared to bring your CC&Rs, Rules and Regulations, and any other documents which contain the rules and restrictions for people in the HOA.