Can I file a law suit if my child was physically abused by his 3rd grade teacher

Asked over 3 years ago - Hampton, GA

Can I file a law suit if my child was physically abused by his 3rd grade teacher? My child was slammed on the floor by his teacher. He is experiencing knee pain and he is very embarrased and is fearful to return back to school. Im very hurt and angry...what can I do?

1. Anthony J Van Zwaren

Pro

Answered . I am not a Georgia attorney, but the two things I would ask is whether the school is a public or private school, since if it is a public school you may need to file a notice of claim against the school or board of ed, or town or city; the second would be how long ago the incident occurred, since there are time limits for filing a notice of claim, if one is required. In NY and NJ, states with which I am familiar, the time limit is ninety days.