Can I file a claim for injuries that have developed after a car accident

Asked almost 6 years ago - Honokaa, HI

i was in a car accident and now im suffering with taruma disorder,lots of fear and having bad dreams.what are the legal rights i have to file claim

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Tonald Edmund Spinks


    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . If you were injured in an auto accident in Hawaii, you will need to obtain and fill out a No Fault (PIP) benefits application form from the insurance company. PIP insurance normally pays for medical expenses, lost wages, etc. that result from your vehicle accident. The law generally requires you to have sustained a certain amount of medical expenses before you can file a claim for mental anguish or suffering. Hawaii law also limits the amount of time you have to file a claim in court. You should consider speaking with a personal injury attorney, there are several in Honolulu and a few in Hilo that will provide a free consultation. You should also consult a mental health professional to discuss your symptoms and prevent this situation from getting worse.
    Ed Spinks
    Lic in Florida and Hawaii

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,280 answers this week

2,975 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,280 answers this week

2,975 attorneys answering