Can i file a claim against someone who hit me if i do not have auto insurance?

Asked over 3 years ago - Anchorage, AK

someone hit me as i was pulling out of my driveway and i later found out that my policy had lapsed. what can i do? i think that this person may also be uninsured, she seemed very eager to blame me and then leave, she DID NOT want an accident report filed on the grounds that she was in a hurry to get back to work. now, after finding out that my policy has lased, i am worried about filing one for fear of getting in trouble for driving without insurance, help!

Pro

1

4

Answered . Always call the police to get an accident report, as 99% of the time, you'll end up with the person coming after you for money. If the other person was at fault, a lawyer can go after their insurance.

Click on the name of the lawyer answering your question to see their profile, and then you can click the view website tab to find out detailed information on your personal injury topic. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

2. Randy William Ferguson

Answered . Not having insurance normally does not bar you from recovering for someone elses negligence. Call a local personal injury attorney and see if they think you can recover. If she had no insurance, will she have any money to get.

3. Michael G Guajardo

Answered . While you may have a claim against the person who hit you, it may be difficult in collecting anything from them if they do not have insurance. Your ability to file a claim is probably not effected by your lack of insurance, but you should consult with a local attorney about your options.