Can I file a claim against my attorneys errors and omissions policy?

Inverness, FL |

I filed a claim against my Property Title Insurer through an attorney. Four months later the Title Company admitted partial exposure and offered a settlement. My attorney waited another month before she sent me the settlement offer. I countered the offer to settle and the Title Insurer asked for more information. I provided it to my attorney with a few weeks of the request. Several more months went by and I told my attorney to either send the information to the Title Company or I would take over my claim. She finally sent it to them and it has now been 8 months since they offered to settle. Now they are looking into ways to reduce their payment including Real Estate Appraisal. It has been a full year since I first filed a claim.

1. If you are going to sue a lawyer for malpractice there are certain elements that need to be met. In this case, you are negotiating a settlement and the fact time has lapsed I am sure there is a justifiable excuse.

Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice nor does it constitute an attorney-client relationship. Thank You

2. My colleague is correct--there may be reasons for the delays that fall far short of legal malpractice.

I hope you found this response to be of assistance. This response shall not be considered the rendering of legal advise but instead a general response to a general question. While Avvo is a wonderful resource, nothing can be a substitute for an in-depth consultation with an attorney in the jurisdiction in which the law is to be applied. This response shall not be deemed to create an attorney-client relationship, nor shall it create an obligation on the part of the attorney to respond to further inquiry from the questioner.