Can i file a claim against hospital

Asked over 4 years ago - Corbin, KY

My daughter is 6 months old and recieved a call from docter sayin she had a abnormal pku level and needed to be on strict diet to keep from having severe symtomes but was never told from the hospital that it was abnormal local peditrican found the error

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Lars A. Lundeen


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Has your daughter suffered any damages as a result of this delay in informing you? If she has not suffered any adverse consequences, you do not have a viable claim.

    Legal Disclaimer:

    Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to insure proper advice is received.

  2. Andrew Daniel Myers

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Your first priority is to see to it that your daughter has the proper care. Once you are certain that new doctors are properly treating her, then, yes, find an experienced medical malpractice attorney in your area either through the AVVO search or through the American Association for Justice.

    This answer is provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided in an office consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area of law in which your concern lies.

Related Topics

Types of personal injuries

There are many types of personal injuries for which financial damages can be awarded, including physical, emotional, and psychological injuries.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

17,164 answers this week

2,347 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

17,164 answers this week

2,347 attorneys answering