Can I file a civil complaint or charge against someone who has made my minor daughters medical information public?


Santa Barbara, CA -

Attorney Answers (3)

Christine C McCall

Christine C McCall

Administrative Law Lawyer - Pasadena, CA

You have left a few important things out: who, what, when, why, how.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended... more
Rixon Charles Rafter III

Rixon Charles Rafter III

Litigation Lawyer - Fairfax, VA

Can you? Of course.

Will doing so get you anything? Absolutely no way to tell--you posted almost no facts or circumstances. What damages?

FYI there is no private right of action authorized under HIPPA (that means you won't be able to sue and recover from the wrongdoer). But your state MAY have other privacy laws that provide options.

See a CA attorney and discuss your options.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of... more
Nicholas Basil Spirtos

Nicholas Basil Spirtos

Construction / Development Lawyer - Montclair, CA

Who did the disclosing, to whom, and for what purpose are all things that would need to be known to even start to answer such a question.

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.