Can I file a civil complaint or charge against someone who has made my minor daughters medical information public?

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Barbara, CA

HIPPA LAW

1. Christine C McCall

Pro

1

Answered . You have left a few important things out: who, what, when, why, how.

2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

2

Answered . Can you? Of course.

Will doing so get you anything? Absolutely no way to tell--you posted almost no facts or circumstances. What damages?

FYI there is no private right of action authorized under HIPPA (that means you won't be able to sue and recover from the wrongdoer). But your state MAY have other privacy laws that provide options.

See a CA attorney and discuss your options.

3. Nicholas Basil Spirtos

Answered . Who did the disclosing, to whom, and for what purpose are all things that would need to be known to even start to answer such a question.