Skip to main content

Can I file a Cease and Desist letter against my in-laws for extortion?

Taylor, TX |

I'm 19 and married. We were living with my in-laws and they kicked me out. My wife and I have a 2 year old daughter and are still staying at her parents house. They do not want her to have anything to do with me and are threatening to take the car away(that they gave to us but is still in their name), among other things, if she has anything to do with me. They have no legal right. Is there anything I can do?

Attorney Answers 1


They have no right to take a car away that is registered to them? They have no right to decide what goes on in their own house? And you think this is extortion. I believe you are mistaken about the law on many levels. Sounds like you need to find your own place for your family to live and buy your own car.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

Mark as helpful