Can I file a case against my lawyer for misleading information and undue influence.

Asked almost 5 years ago - Chicago, IL

I filed ch 13 awhile ago I could not afford the trustee payment and could not feed my family the inital payment was 634 then they went to 830 then 960 this was originally based off overtime which I was no longer receiving told my lawyer told me I need to get more overtime which was not my call my job eventually closed and my case was discharged resulting in me losing my car .Before We beaganthe case i asked my lawyer would I be able to file a 13 after I recenctly filed a 7

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Jonathan H Levy

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . It really sounds more like bad luck and issues with the trustee payment to me. I'm not sure what you can sue the lawyer for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,023 answers this week

3,201 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,023 answers this week

3,201 attorneys answering