Can i file 4 my mum even though she was accused of helping my dad to get his us citizenship.. i am 21 and a citizen of USA.Thnks

my dad got married to my mom in Nigeria and they gave birth to me and my sister. after that, he decided to come to USA without my mum. while in USA, the only option was to get married to a USA citizen in order to get his own citizenship. so he told my mum bout everything and she gave him the go ahead. so he got married to this lady who was a USA citizen and after 10 yrs, they divorced and my dad came back to file for my mum.. so he filed for her and she got a call from the embassy. while at the embassy, they accused my mum of conniving with my dad to get a citizenship but she had no choice... daddy was not gonna go back to Nigeria empty handed. he had to survive and the only option he had was to marry a woman with a USA citizen. EVEN THOUGH IT DIDN'T WORKOUT WITH MY DAD AT LEAST, AS HER CH

Burlington, NJ -

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

She may need a fraud waiver in order to immigrate to the U.S.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Who took part of fraud?

Eric M. Mark

Eric M. Mark

Immigration Attorney - Newark, NJ

It seems your father committed fraud, but not your mother. Consult with an immigration lawyer to review the details. YOu may be able to petition for her.

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Immigration Attorney - San Francisco, CA

Did your Mum participate in the fraud?

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX

I agree with my colleagues.

Related Advice