Can i fight this eviction, my son hasn't been convicted pf a crime not even charged but we got a 7 notice to vacate.

on June 18,2013 my son who is 13 and mentally ill, was playing with fire, he lit some news paper and threw it in the sink of our community launrdy bathroom and turned the water on to put the fire out, he says the fire was out when he left. Firefighters and police were called to the seen and there report also states that the fire was out and only contained to one room. Now the park where we live want money or want us out, we are willing to pay for the damages but they are trying to get us to pay for the whole laundry room and it clearly states the smoke was contained to one room, they are charging us $4,100 for this, can you help?

Boynton Beach, FL -

Rixon Charles Rafter III

Rixon Charles Rafter III

Landlord / Tenant Lawyer - Fairfax, VA

You will need to hire a FL attorney, sounds like the LL is taking appropriate action for the safety of other tenants. I am guessing you have no insurance?

Related Advice