Can i fight this eviction, my son hasn't been convicted pf a crime not even charged but we got a 7 notice to vacate.

Boynton Beach, FL |

on June 18,2013 my son who is 13 and mentally ill, was playing with fire, he lit some news paper and threw it in the sink of our community launrdy bathroom and turned the water on to put the fire out, he says the fire was out when he left. Firefighters and police were called to the seen and there report also states that the fire was out and only contained to one room. Now the park where we live want money or want us out, we are willing to pay for the damages but they are trying to get us to pay for the whole laundry room and it clearly states the smoke was contained to one room, they are charging us $4,100 for this, can you help?

You will need to hire a FL attorney, sounds like the LL is taking appropriate action for the safety of other tenants. I am guessing you have no insurance?

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.