Can I fight these tickets? If so, how? What are my chances of winning?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fontana, CA

I was driving on the freeway about to get off on my exit . There was a sheriff about 5 cars in front of me trying to pull over a car . They were driving about 40 - 50 mph . They decide to get off on the same exit I'm getting off on so I get stuck driving behind them slow . The 5 cars that were between me and the sheriff start going around and then there's just 1 car between us . Once on the off ramp the car between me and the sheriff somehow gets back on the freeway causing me to almost hit him . I braked hard . Then the sheriff sticks his hand out the window pointing at me to pull over He got mad thinking I was going to hit him . I got a ticket for CC 21706 and CC 16028 . I had barely bought the car less then a month ago . I didn't have insurance yet but after I got the ticket , I got insurance .

1. Robert Laurens Driessen

3

Answered . Yes get an attorney to assist you. It is not unusual for a police officer to almost cause an accident and then give a ticket to the person they almost hit.

Robert Driessen

2. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

3

Answered . Of course you can fight the charges. It's good that you've gotten insurance, albeit after the fact. As for your chances of winning, that's next to impossible to predict. I suggest hiring a local attorney to do so for you, as it will greatly improve your chances of winning. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

3. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

1

Answered . Fight this ticket with an attorney. The insurance charge should fall . Your facts raise some trials me issues .