Can I fight my speeding ticket for driving 45 mph on a 25 mph limit, driving down hill?

Asked over 2 years ago - Ventura, CA

Motorcycle cop at the bottom of hill with his laser gun pointed at me. It was a residental area but with no houses on the right side ( a hill ), as I am driving down. One house across the street. Am I able to fight laser/radar guns?

1. Christopher Scott Malloy

3

Best Answer

Answered . You can fight the ticket. Consider the Basic Speed Law CA VC 22350 and 22351 and getting an Engineering and Traffic Survey. Depending on the survey and the location, there are technical defenses which may apply such as whether the police had a right to use radar at that location – “speed trap” VC 40802(b) as well as malfunctions and inaccuracies of the radar equipment and other defenses.

2. Chrystine Denise Carvalho

5

Answered . You can fight any ticket, whether you have a defense is another issue.

3. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

2

Answered . You can fight this ticket. I assume that it was a 22350 VC that you were cited for. I handle many tickets in Vnetura. Call me with any questions.

Andrew Roberts
    (818) 597-0633

4. John M. Kaman

Pro

2

Answered . You can fight it but if the radar gun was accurate you have no excuse to speed up going down hill.