Can I fight against a sexual assult case if I was said to be the "victim" after the person was charged ?

Bryan, TX |

I want to fight against the case, because I'm not allowed to have contact with the person claimed to sexually assult me. I was not sexually assualted and I don't want the person to continue being charged with sexual assult. I'm turning 18 in 2 months and I feel my rights have been tooken away from me. From what I understand is once your 18 you are an adult and you have the same rights as everyone else. Is this consider taking a way my rights as a US citizen.

1. Call the Brazos County District Attorney’s Office Victim Assistance Coordinator at (979) 775-7400. Tell them that if called to testify you will invoke your 5th amendment right against self-incrimination. Also tell them you want the charges dropped.

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.