Skip to main content

Can I fight against a sexual assult case if I was said to be the "victim" after the person was charged ?

Bryan, TX |

I want to fight against the case, because I'm not allowed to have contact with the person claimed to sexually assult me. I was not sexually assualted and I don't want the person to continue being charged with sexual assult. I'm turning 18 in 2 months and I feel my rights have been tooken away from me. From what I understand is once your 18 you are an adult and you have the same rights as everyone else. Is this consider taking a way my rights as a US citizen.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Call the Brazos County District Attorney’s Office Victim Assistance Coordinator at (979) 775-7400. Tell them that if called to testify you will invoke your 5th amendment right against self-incrimination. Also tell them you want the charges dropped.

Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.



At the time of the incident I was 16 and when found by the officers they began to question me and told me they would let him go home if I answered truthfully, yet the did not inform me that the state would take over his case. They told me if I answered nothing would happen, so I may had said things that caused this charge. They also didn't inform me of my rights. Later on, someone told me since I was a minor they would have to get consent from my parents before questioning me. Did they need consent ? Now, that I have been searching for answers I come to conclusion not only did his rights get taken away, so did mine. Is it consider taking my right away if I turn 18 and choose to contact him because I never felt assulted ?

James Regan

James Regan


If the case is still open, call his attorney, not him.

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer