Can I fight a photo enforced red light infraction ? Why am I being held responsible for someone else actions?

Asked over 1 year ago - Brooksville, FL

I loaned my trailer to someone who made a right hand turn at a red light without stopping. I received the ticket and now have a court date. The tag caught on video was my trailer, not the vehicle itself. I was not there. Also the name on the summons is not what is on my drivers license, part of it is spelled wrong.

1. 8

Answered . Yes you can. File your affidavit or hire a lawyer to do that for you. I will tell you that red light infractions are being aggressively defended on other grounds and in some counties, lawyers are going to all day hearings on the legality of the Red Light procedure(s).

2. 6

Answered . If you weren't driving file the affidavit and tell them who was operating your vehicle and they will send the ticket to the person who was the offender.

3. 6

Answered . I agree with my colleagues that all you need to do is send the affidavit indicating you were not the driver. You have 2 weeks to send the affidavit after receiving the citation. I believe attorney Peyton Hyslop in Brooksville has been fighting these and getting them dismissed.

Best of luck.

4. 6

Answered . You can file an affidavit of non responsibility. You will have to give the name of the person you loaned the trailer to. Good luck!

5. 2

Best Answer

Answered . Often times the state, city does not know how to prosecute these tickets correctly. Many of my colleagues and myself are having these red light camera tickets dismissed. I handle these matters and offer free consultation. Good luck