Can I fight a photo enforced red light infraction ? Why am I being held responsible for someone else actions?

Brooksville, FL |
Filed under: Red light cameras

I loaned my trailer to someone who made a right hand turn at a red light without stopping. I received the ticket and now have a court date. The tag caught on video was my trailer, not the vehicle itself. I was not there. Also the name on the summons is not what is on my drivers license, part of it is spelled wrong.

Often times the state, city does not know how to prosecute these tickets correctly. Many of my colleagues and myself are having these red light camera tickets dismissed. I handle these matters and offer free consultation. Good luck

Please understand that the following is not to be construed as legal advice. More information would be needed in order to make legal determinations on your legal matter. Furthermore, an attorney-client relationship does not begin until a retainer agreement has been signed.

If you weren't driving file the affidavit and tell them who was operating your vehicle and they will send the ticket to the person who was the offender.

DISCLAIMER: This answer is not legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship between any user/reader and The Law Offices of Kassebaum, Robinson & Abelairas, P.A. We encourage and welcome you to contact us about your legal problems and visit our website at www.kralawyers.com or email me at bill@kralawyers.com

Yes you can. File your affidavit or hire a lawyer to do that for you. I will tell you that red light infractions are being aggressively defended on other grounds and in some counties, lawyers are going to all day hearings on the legality of the Red Light procedure(s).

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. 407-588-6714 bill@thelawman.net

I agree with my colleagues that all you need to do is send the affidavit indicating you were not the driver. You have 2 weeks to send the affidavit after receiving the citation. I believe attorney Peyton Hyslop in Brooksville has been fighting these and getting them dismissed.

Best of luck.

Visit MastroLaw.com to ask your legal question or call for a more detailed free consultation for your legal issue. Call us at 727-202-5122 / 352-587-5011 / 813-252-2262 Any information provided is for general purposes only. An attorney client relationship is not formed.

Michael Leonard Mastrogiovanni

Michael Leonard Mastrogiovanni

Or possibly attorney Robert Morris, I cannot recall which attorney has been handling the bulk of these actions.

You can file an affidavit of non responsibility. You will have to give the name of the person you loaned the trailer to. Good luck!

Traffic tickets topics