Can i extend my jamaican passport? it expires april 12, 2013

District Heights, MD |

I am going to file for citizenship here in the United States but wanted to travel to Jamaica next month. Can I get an extension on my current passport past the original date of expiration which is April 12, 2013?

1. I have many Jamaican clients and over the years no one had ever had a problem with renewing their passports. Of course, in NY its easier as we have a Jamaican Consulate right here.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

2. Attorneys on Avvo practice US law. They cannot advise you on the laws and requirements of other countries.

You need to contact an attorney in the country in question.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.