Can i extend my I-94 if i have H1b pending?

Asked about 1 year ago - Queens Village, NY

my i-94 expires on 24 of june, a company is willing to sponsor my H1b visa. Since they cannot make the application for me until april, can i apply for I-94 extension sometimes in may? and if i can, how long do i get on the extension?

Additional information

Note: i am currently on a B2 visa which is due to expire in 2014

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Jeffrey Jose Estrella

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I-94 is your travel document with your passport. What visa did you enter on? tourist b2? Hire a lawyer today to explain the specifics to advise you properly.

    Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights.
    Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
    Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado
    Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
    The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
    75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
    Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
    Jackson Heights, NY 11370
    T. (347) 628-2391
    F. (718) 672-4728

    The answers posted herein are not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship exists. Call for a free 20... more
  2. Ian Edmund Scott

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . YOu should speak to a lawyer so that you get the timing right...your 1-94 expires but if you left and reentered the country, it would be valid for more time...not sure what your issue would be.

    The content of this answer has been prepared by Scott Legal Services, P.C. for general informational purposes only.... more
  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You can try.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,393 answers this week

2,779 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary