Can I expunge a battery domestic violence charge in the state of Florida?

Tampa, FL |

I wasn't prosecuted but went to jail and went before judge. The offended told the judge that there was no physical contact. The report said "No Violent Contact with Victim, Victim Present, Probable Cause Found" and "Notice Termination of Procecution"

1. If you were not convicted of the battery (or another offense relating to the battery arrest), and if you've never had another criminal matter expunged, then you should be eligible to have this matter expunged. You can attempt to do so yourself, but you'd probably be better served hiring an attorney who is experienced in these matters. While many criminal defense attorneys also handle matters such as sealing and expungements, not all do, so be sure to hire someone who is experienced in this area.

An attorney-client relationship is NOT created by the answering of this question. If you would like to discuss your matter more fully with my office, please contact me to set up an initial consultation.

2. If you have never sealed or expunged a record before and if you have never been convicted of a criminal charge, you can apply to have this record expunged.
    Good luck,
    Summer Goldman
    www.goldmanwetzel.com

Legal disclaimer: The answers given are limited to the facts as given and presumed by the answer itself. Without seeing actual written documentation or having a conference to more fully explore the issues, this short answer has only limited application. Make sure to seek legal counsel and provide all documentation to get assistance in making informed legal choices.