Skip to main content

Can I expunge 2004 arrest, charge & case for a Class B misdemeanor in Martin County, TX?

Grapevine, TX |

2004: Arrested & charged with possession of Marijuana <2 oz., completed Pre-Trial Diversion program while living in Illinois. Sealing the record is not an option for me because I need clearance for a job prospect. Is expunging the record a viable option?

Attorney Answers 4



If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and best answer. Please understand that all of my answers are for informational purposes only, are not legal advise, and do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. I am not your attorney and you are not my client unless we enter into a signed contract. My only legal advise to you is that you should immediately consult with and hire a lawyer and that you should not represent yourself. If you want to more information about personal injury, visit or if you want more information about criminal defense, visit Good luck!

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


If your case was dismissed outright after completion of a pretrial diversion program, you are eligible for a complete expunction.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

Mark as helpful

8 lawyers agree


Based upon the facts that you have outlined, in my opinion you would be entitled to having your record expunged.

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


Assuming the charge was originated in Texas you are eligible for expunction.

Law Office of David D. White, PLLC
1205 Rio Grande Street
Austin, Texas 78701
(512) 369-3737

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics