Skip to main content

Can i expedite the I-130 for my husband?

Yakima, WA |

I am a us citizen. I am married to a Mexican, he is in Mexico and has never been to the USA. I am currently pregnant and really need my husband with me. Is there anything i can do to expedite the process? I have just send off the paper work. Please help me.

Attorney Answers 4


It may be possible to expedite for very serious humanitarian reasons. If you are experiencing serious medical issues, for example, you may be able to do it. It would require evidence. Merely being pregnant is definitely not enough

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

5 lawyers agree


Typically USCIS WILL NOT adjudicate cases like this unless as my colleague stated for humanitarian or emergency reasons. You can always try. Good luck!

Garmo Law Group, PLLC (Michigan) 248-626-0050. This advice is only general in nature and does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. Speak to an experienced attorney before making decisions.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Our heart goes out to you.. But please understand that under current law and regulations there is absolutely nothing in place to allow for an expedite of the visa approval and issuance process. sorry.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


I am sorry. But, as my colleagues point out ... almost everyone thinks that their situation qualifies for expedited handling ... CIS rarely grants these requests.

But, you can try ... call Senator Maria Cantwell:

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Recommended articles about Form I-130 (alien relative)

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics