Can I evict my roomate for doing illegal activities and not paying rent without going thru the normal eviction process?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

My roomate hasnt paid rent there is no rental agreement, (verbal only) and she is an escort girl (prostitute) she has an add on an agency web site. there is a lot people going in and out of the place, her boyfriend is a high risk parolle on probation. the place is trash the patio is full of trash. The house has 3 stories so she has the bottom floor is totally link to the rest of the house and i have the other 2 floors but the bottom floor also has a side entrance. I gave her a 3 day notice and then a 30 day notice, im just trying to get her out of here asap. I read somewhere that there is a way to evict somebody in 48 hours if they are doing illegal acitivities.

1. Robert Andre Fleury Jr.

Best Answer

Answered . If you call the cops, it might speed things along.

2. Kevin Samuel Sullivan

Pro

Answered . no. a roommate is probably entitled to tenant protections and therefore would have to be evicted.