Skip to main content

Can I enter USA fifty days prior my conditional Green card expires?

New York, NY |
Filed under: Green cards

I have conditional Green card, and currently I'm overseas. Due to financial situation I'll be able to come to USA within 2 months before my conditional status of Green card expires. Is it lawful and permitted to do so?

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    You can enter till expiration date, HOWEVER REMEMBER to apply for removal of conditions, even one day of delay can cause a denial.

    The above is intended as general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Call (212)880-1538 for detailed evaluation of your case. Laws change constantly and vary from state to state. The legal principals discussed may differ substantially from your personal situation. Therefore, You should consult an attorney about your particular situation. Visit us at WWW.USIMMIGRATIONPLUS.COM Contact Immigration Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit at 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor New York, NY 10016

  2. As long as your card is still valid, you shouldn't have a problem. However, it's important that you file the application for removal of the conditions right away. It needs to be done before your card expires.

    [This answer is for general purposes only; it does not constitute advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.]

  3. Yes.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

  4. depends on how long you will have been outside the US. Hopefully less than 1 year.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics