Can i enter on VWP after student visa refusal?

Asked 8 months ago - Chicago, IL

I'd like to travel to the US in January for about 80 days.
I studied in the US from 2004-06 and also had a different student visa denial back in 2006.
The purpose of my trip this January is to visit friends and old schoolmates,attend some music business seminars(i've already paid for)as well as travel a bit.
From what i've been told one becomes eniligible for VWP after a visa refusal.
However,i completed ESTA just a few weeks ago,mentioning my past visa denial on it and my ESTA was approved.
At the port of entry,i am capable to present 2 bank accounts with my savings,address while in the US,receipt of my short course payment,as well as a return ticket.
I would like to book tickets asap,but if it's going to be risky due to my past status i'd rather cancel the trip.
Any advice/info please?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . For the third time - hello. Your questions was answered in your previous post.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

1

Answered . That is your decision to make, and you'll have to live with its consequences. Just like our beloved Professore recounted in his answer to your previous (duplicate, triplicate and quadruplicate question) , I too happened to have heard of a few instances when individuals like yourself boarded flights to the U.S. on their ESTA certifications, only to be intercepted by CBP upon landing and being sent back (after spending some 17 hours on CBP's hospitality at some special quarters of the airport, with no food or water during that time, allowed to go "toilet" only twice) By the same token, I've also heard of others that had much worse denials than yours, but who were allowed back in with their ESTAs as if nothing... Which statistic will you fill? That's the question. (Am sure you'll be back soon to tell us how it went.)
    BTW if you decide to be bold and adventuresome, DO NOT present anything to CBP, unless challenged or specifically asked. (Keep everything out of sight in your closed bag.)

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

Answered . Do not duplicate your postings. Read the issued opinion.