Skip to main content

Can I drop a Quiet Title action after it has already been filed and what are the potential consequences?

Atlanta, GA |

I initiated a Quiet Title action (pro se) stemming from a Tax Deed I bought in Georgia and I would now like to withdraw and drop the matter altogether to prevent further cost and lost time. Can I do this? If so, how would I go about doing it and what are the potential consequences, if any.

At this point, nothing significant has been done in the case other than the appointment of a Special Master.

Attorney Answers 1


With the consent of your adversary, you may file a stipulation of dismissal.

You should likely seek a dismissal "without prejudice" so that you can re-file at a later time if you so choose.

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

Mark as helpful

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics