Can I drop a Quiet Title action after it has already been filed and what are the potential consequences?

Asked over 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

I initiated a Quiet Title action (pro se) stemming from a Tax Deed I bought in Georgia and I would now like to withdraw and drop the matter altogether to prevent further cost and lost time. Can I do this? If so, how would I go about doing it and what are the potential consequences, if any.

At this point, nothing significant has been done in the case other than the appointment of a Special Master.

1. Michael T Millar

Pro

Answered . With the consent of your adversary, you may file a stipulation of dismissal.

You should likely seek a dismissal "without prejudice" so that you can re-file at a later time if you so choose.