Can I drive with passengers if I have a restricted license do to a DUI?

Memphis, TN |

I was wanting to know if I can drive with passengers in my car after getting a restricted license do to DUI? Also school is listed on my restricted and I was wondering if I could pick my children up after school, at their grand parent who live in a cove across the street from my school?

You can have passengers but you can't go pick up people at other locations. Restricted license is only good to and from your home and your school.

Claiborne H. Ferguson, Esq. is * Certified as a Specialist in Criminal Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. * Certified as a Specialist in Criminal Trial Advocacy by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization.

2. Typically there is no restriction on passengers. If you had such a restriction, it would be stated in the Court's order. As for picking up your kids, again you have to refer to the exact language of the order.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

3. Yes. Under Tennessee law there is no ban on having a passenger in your car. Warning. You must comply with the restrictions on your driver's license. You must be using the interlock device or only going to and from work. You must follow the restriction placed on your driver's license.

4. Yes. Tennessee law has no ban on having a passenger in your car. You must comply with the restrictions on your driver's license. If you have an interlock device requirement, you must drive an vehicle with the interlock or only going to and from work. It is possible that a Judge could order additional restrictions beyond what the law requires.

I'm not your attorney and the answer above is fact dependent.

DUI topics