Can I do walk-in for my biometrics appointment in Houston, Texas?

Conroe, TX |

I got my biometrics appointment via mail today, it was scheduled this March 15, 2013. I was wondering if I could do walk-in because I already got my ticket and it was scheduled this March 12, 2013. Please help me.

Not possible. the USCIS does not work as any McDonalds for a walk in service. In fact, if you miss the biometrics appointment you will have to reschedule delaying your initially filed case.
You purchase of the travel ticket will not be viewed as a valid excuse by the Service.
In the alternative, you may schedule an Infopass with a local USCIS office and ask them to try to reschedule the biometrics for that reason prior to your travel, yet, I am not certain that USCIS Center will do as you request.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

That would depend on the work load of the particular ASC.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

You should go for your biometrics appointment on the scheduled date and time. However, if you are unable to go for your biometrics on the scheduled date, you should contact USCIS to re-schedule your appointment, or you can go to your local Application Support Center to see if they will take your biometrics prior to your appointment. If you have a valid reason, most ASCs do accommodate your request to have your biometrics completed on another day.

Disclaimer: The information provided here is generalized and should not be relied upon as legal advice. This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.