Can I do walk-in for my biometrics appointment in Houston, Texas?

Asked over 1 year ago - Conroe, TX

I got my biometrics appointment via mail today, it was scheduled this March 15, 2013. I was wondering if I could do walk-in because I already got my ticket and it was scheduled this March 12, 2013. Please help me.

1. Akanksha Kalra

2

Answered . You should go for your biometrics appointment on the scheduled date and time. However, if you are unable to go for your biometrics on the scheduled date, you should contact USCIS to re-schedule your appointment, or you can go to your local Application Support Center to see if they will take your biometrics prior to your appointment. If you have a valid reason, most ASCs do accommodate your request to have your biometrics completed on another day.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . That would depend on the work load of the particular ASC.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Answered . Not possible. the USCIS does not work as any McDonalds for a walk in service. In fact, if you miss the biometrics appointment you will have to reschedule delaying your initially filed case.
    You purchase of the travel ticket will not be viewed as a valid excuse by the Service.
    In the alternative, you may schedule an Infopass with a local USCIS office and ask them to try to reschedule the biometrics for that reason prior to your travel, yet, I am not certain that USCIS Center will do as you request.