Can I do something about the unemployment office and there wrongful treatment of claimants?

Asked 7 months ago - Merrimack, NH

I've been collecting unemployment for four weeks with a week waiting, On the sixth week I get a notice saying my last employer said I was fired! Of course this was not true and I told them that I was laid off and gave them a signed document from my employer stating I was laid off plus they told me he responded past his 14 business days they give for a response. After a couple of days I notice my payment was still on hold and when I called them they asked if he went out of business be cause his number no longer worked, I told them he may have as I was laid off due to lack of work so they asked if I had another number so I gave them his cell number. It has a week now and my payment which I need to keep my electric on is still on hold! Can I sue for damages if need be?

1. Randy Jay Harvey

Answered . You could file a complaint with EEOC. You could also file a written complaint with the employment department. Ask for a form.
    Best of luck!