Can I do licensed contract work with a restricted drivers license in California?

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Cruz, CA

I'm a licensed California contractor, in December I got a second DUI, on 09/15/13 I will be eligible for a restricted drivers license. My question is, can I still work under these conditions, using my contractors license?

1. Vijay Dinakar

Pro

4

Answered . I don't see why not unless there is something in your contract that says you can't do that work with a restricted license. Without more info this isnt possible to properly answer. Consult a local attorney so that you do everything by the book.

2. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

3

Answered . I don't understand how the restricted driver's license affects your contractors license unless you intend to drive. Many contractors will hire a driver. Best bet is to confer with an attorney and provide that attorney with all the details. There isn't enough here to provide a adequate answer.

3. Nicholas Maurice Rosenberg

3

Answered . You have verified that you will be eligible for a restricted license so I do not see an issue here. Contracting is work and falls within permitted activity. You must show proof of insurance so that is not an issue, and you do not state that your G.C. License is suspended. Is there some other reason to think that a restricted license means you cannot drive to a jobsite?

www.losangelesdefenders.com

4. Ryan Patrick Murphy

1

Answered . My office is located in Aptos, which is in Santa Cruz County. This means I'm a local DUI Attorney. To answer your question, you know and understand how to get a restricted license, which is the first step. The restricted license allows you to drive:
    1. To and From Work,
    2. Course and scope of Employment, and
    3. To and From the Multiple Offender's Program.

I believe you are good to drive, as long as it fits one of the above criteria.