Can I do licensed contract work with a restricted drivers license in California?

Santa Cruz, CA |

I'm a licensed California contractor, in December I got a second DUI, on 09/15/13 I will be eligible for a restricted drivers license. My question is, can I still work under these conditions, using my contractors license?

1. I don't understand how the restricted driver's license affects your contractors license unless you intend to drive. Many contractors will hire a driver. Best bet is to confer with an attorney and provide that attorney with all the details. There isn't enough here to provide a adequate answer.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

2. I don't see why not unless there is something in your contract that says you can't do that work with a restricted license. Without more info this isnt possible to properly answer. Consult a local attorney so that you do everything by the book.

3. You have verified that you will be eligible for a restricted license so I do not see an issue here. Contracting is work and falls within permitted activity. You must show proof of insurance so that is not an issue, and you do not state that your G.C. License is suspended. Is there some other reason to think that a restricted license means you cannot drive to a jobsite?

www.losangelesdefenders.com

4. My office is located in Aptos, which is in Santa Cruz County. This means I'm a local DUI Attorney. To answer your question, you know and understand how to get a restricted license, which is the first step. The restricted license allows you to drive:
    1. To and From Work,
    2. Course and scope of Employment, and
    3. To and From the Multiple Offender's Program.

I believe you are good to drive, as long as it fits one of the above criteria.

DUI topics