Skip to main content

Can i do anything about this?

Austin, TX |

My husband is getting charged with sexual assault but he was 15 and she was 16 when the incident happend which was in 09 well they are bearly starting his court and waited till he was 18 to trial him as an adult they waited 4 years putting it off until now in 2013 is there anything we can do? can we file against them?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


About all you can do is hire a good attorney. There may be a speedy trial violation. His attorney will know how to handle this. There is nothing to be filed against the victim if that's what you're asking.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


I agree with Ma Jagger's. he needs to retain a good attorney immediately. Three may be several avenues to pursue in defending him. Many attorneys in your area, like myself, offer free consultations.

Todd Steele's response to your question is for general information purposes only. Nothing in this response should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.


Oh my -- this is a grave situation. Find the best criminal defense attorney you can to help. There is nothing you personally can do and there does not seem to be anything you can do against "them" based on your post.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer