Can I do anything about the time we have to wait to hear from immigration on aproval or not?

Marysville, WA |

MY husband had initial interview for his green card on sep 10 2008 was aproved for waiver had an appointment on sep 17, 2008. He was told they were review his file and it would take 10-12 months (sep 2009). I called this week ans they extended that time to 12-15 which means dec 2009. Can I do anything about this or how would I know what his chances are to be approved. We have a 17 month old and weve been married for 6 years. he has a clean record.

A Senator or Representative is a good option but there are three faster and better options:

1. Formal Letter Inquiry by an attorney
    2. USCIS Ombudsman in Washington, D.C.
    3. AILA Liason inquiry

Feel free to give me a call if you'd like to discuss this further.

Fabio Ambrosio
    Attorney at Law
    (206)801-0985
    www.ambrosiolawfirm.com

Disclaimer: This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only. It is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult your attorney for legal advice tailored to your individual circumstances.

2. One suggestion would be to contact your local US Senator or Representative's office and see if a staffer would be willing to contact the USCIS on your behalf. He/she may be able to find out what is going on and how much more of a wait there will be. I hope that this is helpful to you.