Can I do anything?

Asked 9 months ago - Bath, NY

I work as a babysitter in ny through pro action. One of the children I watched has a parent whom which is suppose to pay half of the child care expenses. I have been watching this child for three months now and still have not received a payment. Is there anything I can do about this? Can I take him to court?

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . Sue.

2. Matthew Ian Marks

2

Answered . Based upon the information provided, it sounds like you have a claim for either unpaid wages or breach of contract.

3. Joseph Isaac Terkell

1

Answered . You can and should sue. If there is a small claims venue, that would save you filing fees, and is a much more friendly venue towards litigants without attorneys.