Can I dispute a Suspended license because of a traffic citation?

Asked about 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

I recently found out my license has been suspended, while trying to renew my tags, since March, because of a red-light camera traffic citation; it has since went into collections. Problem is, I never received a notice for it, and I had no knowledge about it till today. County clerk website says I received it back in November, and as a result my license is suspended for non-payment. Need advice on what's the best course of action to take; would it be possible to dispute the suspension and get my license re-instated.

1. Corey Ira Cohen

Pro

5

1

Best Answer

Answered . You can hire a lawyer to put in for a hearing and take them out of collections. This may take a week or 2 to get an answer from the judge.

2. Michael R Crosner

4

Answered . Retain the services of a traffic ticket attorney or criminal law attorney - many offer free consultations

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

4

Answered . I would join to my respected colleagues in suggesting to retain a local traffic counsel licensed in Florida who will review whether your reinstatement is a mere issue of paying the requisite fines or if that may require any additional legal steps.