Can I dispute a Suspended license because of a traffic citation?

Orlando, FL |

I recently found out my license has been suspended, while trying to renew my tags, since March, because of a red-light camera traffic citation; it has since went into collections. Problem is, I never received a notice for it, and I had no knowledge about it till today. County clerk website says I received it back in November, and as a result my license is suspended for non-payment. Need advice on what's the best course of action to take; would it be possible to dispute the suspension and get my license re-instated.

You can hire a lawyer to put in for a hearing and take them out of collections. This may take a week or 2 to get an answer from the judge.

For more information or to set up a free consultation contact the Law Office of Corey Cohen at 407-246-0066 or visit our website at

Hi. Thanks. I have sent contact info to your law firm on your website. Will on the weekday when offices are open.

Retain the services of a traffic ticket attorney or criminal law attorney - many offer free consultations

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

I would join to my respected colleagues in suggesting to retain a local traffic counsel licensed in Florida who will review whether your reinstatement is a mere issue of paying the requisite fines or if that may require any additional legal steps.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602