Can I disown a adult child on paper as to never have anything to do with it

Asked about 4 years ago - Bozrah, CT

She is 25 and I am 62 I don't want anything to do with her nor do I want her to be able to get any of my estate

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Craig C Fishbein

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . It is possible to write your will so as to exclude her from taking of your estate. Granted, after you are gone she may attempt to contest the contents of the will but, absent gifting away the balance of your estate while you are still alive, those are the only ways that I see you meeting your goals.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,028 answers this week

3,023 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,028 answers this week

3,023 attorneys answering