Skip to main content

Can I defend my girlfriend who was charged with online solicitation of a minor 3 months before i turned 17?

Tyler, TX |
Filed under: Juvenile law

We never did anything because we said we would wait until i turned 17. She never persuaded me to do anything wrong not even have sex. We talked about it but it wasnt a force behind anything. My parents were mad about the age and thats the only thing so they filed charges to "prove a point" but I want to go against them and take her side because she has done nnothing wrong and her 5 year old daughter needs her!

Alsso she kept my mind frame right if i thought about doing something that would hurt me in the long run she would make me wait and think about it. I see nothing wrong with the relationship if we decided to wait to have sex even though we always talked about it.

Attorney Answers 3


She needs to hire a criminal defense attorney to defend her. I'm not sure that you don't need to talk to an attorney as well based on this facts. I assume you are still a minor, and I assume she is over 18 and is being charged in adult court. Proceed with caution on this. If I understand the post, your parents levied the charges against her. You are in between your parents and this woman in this conflict. Think your actions through.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


You cannot defend her; only an attorney can. She will be appointed one if she is indigent; if not, she will have to provide her own attorney.

Your role would be as a victim/witness. The extent of that role will be determined by the defense counsel and prosecution.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


She needs to retain an experienced criminal defense attorney familiar with the Court where this is to be heard.

Mark as helpful

Juvenile law topics

Recommended articles about Juvenile law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics