Can i cross the border to mexico if i had a warrent issue?

Phoenix, AZ |

I get arrested in september 1 of 2011 for a minor in consumption i go to court and i get diversion, i cannot completed the diversion so i get another court day the judge told me that i need to pay the full amount for the mic 1000 usd so i do a payment plan, but i cannot make some payments because i need to leave to mexico so i receive a letter that i need to go to court again, but i wasent in town so i never see the letter i check in the internet and my record file says that i have a warrent issued but i need to go to mexico to sign a paper can i cross the border?

1. Also, you did not state what your immigration status is in the US, whether you are here illegally, green card holder or Naturalized Citizen.

Bottom line, you need to speak to a criminal attorney about this issue. You should find someone who is also able to deal with any immigration issues you may have.

A warrant means that the police intend to arrest you. So, you are taking a risk any way you travel outside the US, since you might not be let into the US.

Law Office of Marc Taylor, Esq. PC, www.usavisanow.com, 888-645-6272, info@usavisanow.com , 224 W. 4th Street, Suite 200, New York, NY 10014 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. What is your present immigration status?

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The answer(s) given are only to be deemed general in nature as all of the facts of your case were not provided and thoroughly reviewed. Any answers are NOT to be deemed as attorney advice as a full legal opinion can NOT be provided at this time without a complete analysis of all of the facts regarding your particular matter. Any and all statements provided do NOT in any way create any type of attorney/client relationship.

3. I agree with my colleagues.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.