Can I cross Canadian border with my son without permission from his bio father. He has not seen or contacted our son in 6 years

Griffin, GA |

My grandmothers funeral is July 17th. (she was cremated). My son's father signed the birth certificate, but has had nothing to do with my son since he was 3. He is now 9. What kind of information do I need to travel to Canada since I cannot get a letter from his father, since I have no idea where he is or how to contact him.

1. You need a passport to cross the Canadian border. However, you can sign a affidavit of sole guardianship as part of the passport application. Just ask the passport office for that form.

I am exclusively a family law attorney, practicing primarily in the metro Atlanta, Georgia trial courts. However, I handle appeals from anywhere in Georgia.