Can I countersue for lost wages in a small claims case?

Asked over 1 year ago - Jamul, CA

Being sued for a contract entered into.

1. Michael Ryan Juarez

2

Answered . You need to counter sue. That can be done in your answer to the complaint. Make sure to bring evidence to support your claim.

2. Adrienne Patricia Allen

2

Answered . Yes you can counter sue for lost wages as long as they are less than$10,000. You would file the cross-complaint with your answer. If it's more than $10,000 you should consult with an attorney. Make sure you file it in a timely fashion. Good luck.

3. Michelle A. Perfili

1

Answered . I agree with counsel Gold but if the lost wages arise from the same "nucleus of facts" of the main action and fall within the jurisdictional limit of the court, you should bring your claims in front of the court. If you are not sure, consult briefly with counsel who may not appear but can assist you in preparation of your case. Good luck.

4. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Pro

2

Answered . If the lost wages are the wages for attending the hearing than no.