Can I count on help in USA?

Asked over 2 years ago - Tampa, FL

I am from Ukraine and I profess Judaism. I want to go back home, but I am afraid to do this, since I was persecuted there. I was forced out of my university, being a senior student in the last month of eduction without explanation from my dean. My home was set on fire. I tried to escape to Poland, but I was arrested by immigration police of Uktraine, who battered me for the attempt to betray my mother-land. Anyway I miss my country and my mother. She is still there. I do not know what to do. Help me, please.

1. Jeffrey Adam Devore

5

Answered . If you are afraid to return to your home country because of past persecution or the fear of furture persecution, you may be eligible for asylum in the United States. There are certain requirements that must be complied with for the application to be successful. For example, generally speaking, you must apply within one year of your arrival in the United States.

Consult with an experienced immigration attorney for a review of your case and advice on how best to proceed.

-----------
    Jeffrey A. Devore, Esq.
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney
    Devore Law Group, P.A.
    2925 PGA Blvd., Suite 204
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
    Telephone: (561) 478-5353
    Facsimile: (561) 478-2144
    Skype: jeffrey.a.devore
    email: jdevore@devorelawgroup.com
    web: www.devorelawgroup.com

2. Wendy Renee Whitt

6

Answered . I agree with the attorneys. If you are currently in the U.S. (unclear based on your description of your situation), the best course of action is to consult with an immigration attorney about filing for asylum. This must be done before you have been in the U.S. for 12 months. If you are not in the U.S., you cannot apply for asylum.

3. Kaela Anne Meyers

6

Answered . What you're describing sounds like past persecution on account of religious beliefs. You may have a case for asylum in the U.S., but you should meet with an immigration attorney to discuss the particulars of your situation. Asylum cases are difficult and require the help of an experienced attorney.

4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

4

Answered . You describe very grave instances that may qualify for grounds for credible fear of past persecution of religious grounds. The best approach for you will be to come and discuss your case in private with a licensed immigration attorney in Tampa, Florida.
    No asylum case could be successfully assisted by one short paragraph on Avvo.