Can i correct an answer on N400 application?

Can i correct an answer on citizen application after interview. My case is still pending and has not been resolved yet? I answered a question wrong (honest mistake) regarding an arrest that was dismissed with prejudice. Can i write to correct my answer before a final decision is made.

Moreno Valley, CA -

Attorney Answers (3)

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Yes, you can correct it by writing to the USCIS.

Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
Mark as helpful
Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Generally speaking, yes, send a letter to the Agency. If you know the AO's name, include it in your correspondents. Actually, you should do it. They may hold failure to disclose against you and use to deny your application even of the underlying offense would have had no affect on their naturalization determination.

Mark as helpful
Luis Alberto Guerra

Luis Alberto Guerra

Immigration Attorney - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I agree with my colleague. Additionally, make sure that the correction is acknowledged during your N-400 interview. Good luck!

Guerra Saenz, PL--Immigration Attorneys (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be... more
Mark as helpful

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Ask a Lawyer

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.

Find a Lawyer