Can I contest a ticket for expired plates that I received when my car wouldn't start?

Chicago, IL |

My plates sticker expired 3 days ago. I received a ticket for expired plates last night. My car has been sitting in front of my house because it will not start. Is there a way to contest the ticket, since I wasn't driving the car?

No, if your car was on the street, the ticket is good. Just pay it

The fact that the car was disabled didn't prevent you from getting it properly registered.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

Take proof of renewal to court, they will drop the ticket.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets