Can i complete the FAFSA student aid form at 17 years old? I'm entering college.

Elwood, IL |

I'm a 17 year old, and currently i have 11 credits at JJC. This next year, (2013-2014), i'll be taking about 33 credits of college courses, 11 of which i'm taking as dual credit courses at my High School, and the other 22 i'd be taking as online courses at JJC, and i'll have to pay tuition for those 22 credits that i get outside of high school. Me and my mother might not be able to afford the cost of these classes, and i'd like to know whether or not i can get a student loan at my age. I know on the FAFSA application they ask if i've been registered for selective service or whatever the draft thing is, and i don't think i can do that under 18 years old.

Selective service is for the military. The question you are asked is whether you have registered with the draft (military). At 17, your mother fills out the FAFSA for you. Yes, you can apply fo student aid at 17, Your mother fills out the FAFSA for you. Best wishes for a successful post-secondary education.