Can I complaint in court against Department of Education for Student Loan disability Wrongful Due Process?

Asked 10 months ago - Saint Petersburg, FL

The U.S. Department of Education has a program for people who met Permanent Disable and be able to discharge the loan against them if they qualified. I applied and was told I was qualified but I need to take form to a doctor and the doctor needs to fill it and sign and date it.

I went to clinic, but doctor stamped the form, but did not sign and dated it. I did not pay attention to that.

But Doctor has his Clinic Stamp stamped on the form with phone # and address.

I believe something like that could have been more easily taken care between them and the doctor instead of sent me back the form to take it back there to the Doctor.

The point of the story, they took so long to figure that out. They took so long to send me back the form, then now they start over with my application.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Christine C McCall


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . These facts don't support any legal claim or action.

    No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as... more
  2. Stuart M Nachbar


    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . I agree with Ms. McCall, that there is no cause of action here.

    The previous information is solely for informational purposes only. If you have further questions, please contact... more
  3. Guerline Ladouceur-Laurore

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . Unfortunately, the facts related here do not warrant a legal complaint.

    This answer is not intended to replace a consultation with an attorney and does not create an attorney-client... more

Related Topics

Nondischargeable debt and student loans

Student loans cannot normally be discharged in bankruptcy. Unlike most other types of debt, student loans are nondischargeable--except in cases of hardship.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,890 answers this week

2,949 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,890 answers this week

2,949 attorneys answering