Skip to main content

Can i come back to USA

California, San Bernardino, CA |
Filed under: Immigration

i was living in USA for 17y and also had commercial driver license . left country with voluntary in 2008 , when i left people just ck my passport never ask for my status and never ask for i94 i enter ligate and overstay for so many years , bought house and it went foreclose , as long as i was in USA i never had any problem . my question : does USA immigration has my record for living country . can i apply for visitor visa can i enter again USA illegally and start my old life again . bcz i have SS # , commercial driver license just expire few months back . what happen i get ought while crossing border , can i show them my FL and apply from jail for my status . . . pl pl let me know , thank

Attorney Answers 3


You cannot enter illegally and just start living your life again. That will end badly for you.

It may be possible for you to enter the country again legally. However, this depends on the circumstances under which you left and other details about your past. You will need to consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review your situation in detail and see whether you are eligible to reenter. Your situation is too complex to receive a helpful answer from an online forum. You should also be careful about what you share publicly.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


You cannot enter the United States and begin living your life again. You would be in violation of the United States immigration laws. You could be arrested, detained, and subject to removal proceedings/reinstatement of removal if caught. You could also subject yourself to significant bars to lawful entry in the future.

You may be eligible to return to the United States legally. However, there is insufficient information to assess your eligibility to return. You need to consult an experienced immigration attorney to discuss the matter in more detail before taking any action to return to the United States.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


There are too many issues raised to properly answer you in this forum. I would suggest you consult privately with an attorney

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics