Can I collect Workman's Comp while working another job?

Troy, MI |

I have worked 2 completely different types of jobs for the past 7 years. I was injured on one and there are no accommodations available to allow me to work there. My other job is much more flexible and I continue to work. I need the income from both jobs. Can I continue to work at one and collect from the other?

Absolutely. Remember that the income from the job you continue to work is a set-off against any benefit that is owed by your other job. This is called concurrent employment. If the employer where you were hurt knew about the other job and you could not work at either job, you would have to be paid for BOTH jobs. I strongly suggest that you consult a local WC attorney.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: CJCandiano@CandianoLaw.com http://www.CandianoLaw.com

Possibly, depending on how much your non-injury job pays.

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.

Just don't "violate" your restrictions when working the "other" job.
If you can't stand for more than 2 hours on job 1 then you better
not get caught standing for 8 hours at job 2. As the other attorneys
stated there will be "charge-offs" from one job to the other. Good luck!

THIS ANSWER IS PURELY FOR ACADEMIC DISCUSSION ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY TYPE OF LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL REPRESENTATION.

Perhaps, but call one of the above lawyers to discuss