Can I collect unemployment while running an LLC and earning money, but not at fulltime employment?

Berkley, MI |

I have been collecting unemployment from the State of Michigan but have established an LLC to do freelance work. Can I still collect unemployment from the state while owning this LLC? The work that has been rendered is not enough for me to get off of unemployment but if I claim the work to the state through MARVIN am I breaking the law? It has been my understanding that any work you did you must claim with MARVIN if it's 10 hrs or 30 hrs you still must claim your income for services rendered.

Far too many variables exist.

Good luck to you. You should consult with a local attorney to determine your rights and the best remedy for your situation.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

God bless you. I am licensed in Chicago

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an atttorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question

Recommended articles about Employment