Can i collect unemployment if i quit my job because my husband asked for a divorce and i have to move?

Asked almost 5 years ago - Columbiaville, MI

I was a casual employee (as needed) and could not support me and my son on what I got paid. The only place I have to go is to live with my parents.

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Unemployment insurance is a program that may provide you with money if you lose your job through no fault of your own. If you quit your job without meeting these requirements, you may be denied benefits because you will be considered to have voluntarily resigned your job.

Because this matter is so important you should really get a lawyer.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/how-to-cho...

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-...

No one can know what the record is in the case because online we cannot see your documents. You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney with whom you have established an attorney client relationship and all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.